Introducing SS Curves:
SS Curves is a data-visualization app created for speech language pathologists(SLPs), occupational therapists (OTs), and school psychologists (psychs) by an actual SLP. Our app allows you to create custom visuals that display student/client performance data in an easy to digest way for parents and colleagues. SS Curves will help you save time and help your patients, families, and colleagues understand your evaluation results and become engaged during your feedback/results meetings.
SS Curves can be customized for any commonly used, SLP and OT assessments, as well as some psychologist assessments (those that utilize the bell curve). You have the flexibility to enter: test names, indexes, and subtests, as well as: student assessment scores, assessment/index/subtest mean, and the standard deviation from the mean for each assessment/index/subtest.
Once you have customized the data relevant to your patient/student's assessment, SS Curves will display the information on a bell curve. Each score will become highlighted as you review each section.
In addition, you will have the option to print score pages and allow parents to take notes as you review results.
SS Curves allows you to quickly enter data. No more printing pictures of bell curves and writing in student scores. No more omitting visual data all together [like the customized bell curve charts that take too long to make by hand for each student] because you ran out of time before your feedback/results meetings.
What is Health Literacy?
- Health Literacy is commonly defined "as the ability to obtain, read, understand, and use healthcare information in order to make appropriate health decisions and follow instructions for treatment."
Why is Health Literacy Important?
- Limited health literacy has been associated with poor treatment outcome, and depression, ( Mika, et al., 2005).
- People with communication and hearing delays are amongst those at risk for difficulty processing health information (Mika, et al., 2005).
- Therefore, promoting health literacy should be of paramount important to SLPs, OTs, and Psychologists.
- In order to make informed decisions about the direction of a health plan/education plan, patients/families need to be able to process the technical information, as well as the risks and benefits associated with treatment.
How does SS Curves contribute to health literacy?
- Some research shows that high-quality visual aids/visual supports help individuals understand complex healthcare information and later recall this information (Rocio et al,
- SS Curves can be used to help others understand your assessments and what that means for their treatment and outcomes. It can be used to drive more meaningful and engaged conversations, and promote improved patient outcomes by utilizing health literacy strategies.
Buy SS Curves
- Download SS Curves from the apple app store.
- Join our mailing list to stay up to date on new additions and features.
Garcia-Retamero, R., & Cokely, E. T. (2013). Communicating Health Risks with Visual Aids. PsycEXTRA Dataset,22(5), 392-399. doi:10.1037/e513702014-046
Health Literacy: Visual Communication Resources. (2014, June 23). Retrieved February 25, 2018, from https://www.cdc.gov/healthliteracy/developmaterials/visual-communication.html
Hester, E. J. (2006, December 01). Health Literacy: Research Directions for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology. Retrieved February 25, 2018, from https://leader.pubs.asha.org/article.aspx?articleid=2289782
Mika, V. S.; Kelly, P. J.; Price, M. A.; Franquiz, M.; and Villarreal, R. 2005. The ABCs of Health Literacy. Family and Community Health 28(4):351–357. Retrieved February 25, 2018, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16166862.
User Provided Information
The application does not require you to provide any information to the company. All purchase information is held by Apple. Please see their respective privacy policies for more information.
Automatically Collected Information
The application may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, your mobile operating system and version and information about the way you use each application.
We use this information to help us improve the applications and our service.
Does the application collect precise real time location information of the device?
This Application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the applications?
Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the applications and our service. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- if SS Curves is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain Automatically Collected information in aggregate for a reasonable period.
We do not use the applications to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian has a concern, they can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our applications. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the applications, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com.