Pleased to meet you! I am Mariya Burrows, M.S., CCC-SLP, owner of Olympic View Children's Therapy.
I received my bachelors of science from the University of Washington in 2010 and earned my master of science degree from Syracuse University shortly thereafter.
As an SLP, I have work with children with prelinguistic communication delays (i.e., what happens BEFORE a child starts to say first words), preschool aged children with communication delays, children on the autism spectrum, and children of all ages with articulation delays and motor speech delays/disorders including Childhood Apraxia of Speech.
I currently hold the following awards/certifications/memberships:
- American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
- ASHA Award for Continuing Education (ASHA ACE)
- Washington Speech Language Hearing Association (WASHA)
- Washington state department of health license (DOH)
- Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities (TSSLD) in New York state
I have also completed the continuing/advanced education in the following:
- Differential diagnosis in Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Kauffman Method for Treating Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets (PROMPT), Level 1
- Hanen program "It Takes Two to Talk"
- Naturalistic Developmental Interventions in Autism
- ABA (Applied Behavioral Analysis) for SLPs (Speech Language Pathologists)
I live in Seattle with my husband, Ryan. We are proud supporters of the University of Washington, especially during football season – GO DAWGS! We also love Syracuse University – GO ORANGE! When I'm not cheering for my favorite schools, I help my sister raise money for uncompensated care at Seattle Children's Hospital through the Code Care Guild. Overall, I love the Seattle community and the inspiring people who reside there.